Tomorrow we will wrapping up critiques on your Summer Homework. Images should be uploaded to the designated folder in DropBox. Be advised that as you turn in late work it is your responsibility to email me to let me know that you have uploaded your work to DropBox.
You should all be:
- Studying for your Elements and Principles Test.
- Going through, organizing, and gathering work for your portfolio. I want to see your best 15-25 images.
- Many of you have gotten individual tasks from me, I expect that you are all following through.
Art and Fear reading will follow the schedule below:
Week 1 – 9/2-9/5 Chapters 1&2 Week 2 – 9/8-9/12 Chapter 3 Week 3 – 9/15-9/19 Chapter 4 Week 4 – 9/22-9/26 Chapter 5 Week 5 – 9/29-10/4 Chapter 6 Week 6 – 10/6-10/10 Chapter 7 & 8 Week 7 – 10/13-10/17 Wrap Up
*Students are required to attend the following after-school sessions on B Days from 2 PM – 3:45 PM.
Friday, September 5th 2:00 PM– YoungArts “Status Update”
Students must meet one of the two following requirements:
- Present 3 finished works that will be the first in your unified series along with a printed commentary to accompany the imagery.
- Present 3 possible concepts that you are interested in exploring for your thematic series. For each concept, you must present a visual representation of your investigation into that idea (collage, “mood board”, sketch, or maquette) along with a printed statement explaining the concept.
Wednesday, September 17th 2:00 PM– YoungArts “Midway Critique”
All students must bring 5 finished works ready for submission to the ‘best of’ section, in addition to at least 2 pieces for the thematic series; that’s a total of 7 pieces. All works must be hung on the outside gallery walls by 2:00 PM. Students with digital work may print a mock-up of the final work on regular paper.
Wednesday, October 8th 2:00 PM – YoungArts “Final Critique”
All students must display their finished YoungArts portfolios, complete with 10 works. All works must be hung on the outside gallery walls by 2:00 PM.