Tuesday, November 3rd
Upload your 3 Revealing Layer images to DropBox. Send me an email notifying me that you have uploaded your images. In the body of the email explain why you chose the images and the Elements of Art and what Principles of Design you will be using in your composition. I will reply to your email with comments and approval.
Thursday, November 6th
You should have your images for the Expanded photos printed at 5×7 inches on photo paper or card stock with your pattern on the backs of the images in pencil. Approved Revealing Layers images should be printed at 8×10 inches on photo paper or card stock. Also have a copy of the Revealing Layers images printed on regular paper to do your first draft.
Both pieces will be due on Monday, November 10th for critique.
Friday, November 14th
A series of 5 black and white photographs referencing the shadow images done by Andre Kertesz.
Artist Biography – Andre Kertesz
Minimum 2 pages, typed and printed, double spaced.
Using proper grammar and sentence structure please write an expository essay about the life and art of the artist you’ve been assigned. You must include each of the topics listed below. Please write in a cohesive format. *Do NOT list bullet points.
- Artist Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Adolescence: Family life, poignant events in the artist’s childhood, particularly anything that may have influenced their artwork.
- Education: Where did the artist attend school? Did they apprentice or study with any other artists?
- Early Career Development: Where and when did the artist begin to make artwork professionally?
- Influences: What influenced the artist’s development?
- Personal life
- What are some major events in the artist’s personal life that contributed to the development of their artwork?
- Contemporary artists
- Was your artist influenced by any other famous artist? If so, how?
- Social / Political climate
- What country did he/she live in?
- What kind of government did he/she live within? And did this environment affect their artwork?)
- Historical context
- Did they live through any wars or major catastrophes?
- What was going on in the art world? Did they live within a specific “period” in art history?
- Later Career Development: How did the artist evolve? Did they change their style or media? What kind of exhibitions was the artist involved in?
- Death: If deceased, please clarify when and where. If living, please explain what the artist is doing today.