We are pleased to share the results of this year’s Scholastic Awards competition. We are very proud of the work our students continue to produce and we are thrilled to see many MAC artists being recognized by this nationally acclaimed organization.
Two seniors, Mark Fleuridor and Maria Orrego, received Gold Keys (the highest honor) for their senior portfolios which consist of eight thematic works showcasing advanced conceptual thought and technical skill. In fact, Maria Orrego submitted two separate portfolios and received Gold Keys for both! Quite an feat! Like all Gold Key winners, the senior portfolios will be moving on to the National Level of judging where cash awards are at stake.
Our underclassmen also won a significant number of key awards. Their names are listed here:
- Atlan, Serena; 8th Honorable Mention
- Barboza, Glysed; 10th Silver Key
- Besen, Jaren; 10th Silver Key
- Billon, Salome; 11th Honorable Mention
- Bohan, Camila; 11th Honorable Mention
- Bru, Isabella; 10th Silver Key
- Campos, Elizabeth; 9th Gold Key
- Hernandez, D’Angelo; 11th Silver Key
- Milic, Cynthia; 11th Honorable Mention
- Paguada, Cesia; 9th Honorable Mention
- Papale, Camila; 10th Silver Key
- Passariello, Domenica; 10th Gold Key
- Rosenbloom, Karen; 9th Honorable Mention
Winners will be honored in a prestigious reception set to take place at the Rubell Family Collection exhibition space located at 95 NW 29th street in Miami on Sunday, January 25th from noon-4 PM. All winners should plan to be present for the awards ceremony that will start promptly at 3 PM. We strongly encourage all MAC students to attend the event to support their peers and view winning works from around the county. The event is free and open to the public.
Important note to winners- MAC faculty must deliver the original winning works to the Rubell Collection this Tuesday, January 20th, by the end of the school day. Please make sure to bring your work to school if you have taken it home. Any questions please email me ASAP. Congratulations to all of this year’s Scholastic Winners!