Just wanted to remind you all of a few things….
- The Photographer Recognition slide test will be this Thursday (next class). You need to be familiar with the work of each master photographer. As an alternative to the test you may put together a presentation, powerpoint, or slideshow. Included in your presentation you must include:
- 3 images from each photographer; name, date of images, titles. You must also also include three additional characteristics/facts/or comments about each photographer. Those facts may include genre of photography, biographical information, criticism of their work, etc. You will be scored on your the aesthetics of your presentation, the flow, the effort and the accuracy you demonstrate. Have fun, feel free to get creative 🙂 Presentations must be uploaded to DropBox BEFORE class on Thursday; that will serve as your pass for the test.
- Next class we will continuing with our exploration of food photography. I would like for everyone to research and familiarize yourself with at least 5 different food photography references. On Thursday we will be photographing fruit and cheese. Don’t forget to bring in props. In your research I would like you to pay particular attention to how each shot is stylized; what accessories, plate ware, and props are they using? In addition to your food item you will be contributing, I would like for everyone to bring in at least 3 additional items that could be used to stylize the shots.
- On Thursday (next class) you will be divided into two groups, you all will work together to produce a successful composition, variety in perspective, and stylizing your shoot. Ty, Maria, Molly, and Noelia, you will be in one group. Sebastian, Mikayla, Seal, and Valentina, you will be in another group. I would suggest communicating with your group ahead of time as to the theme of your items and stylization 🙂
- Your food photography images from today and Thursday will be due by the end of the day on Friday. From today’s shoot, I am looking for you to turn in your best three shots to DropBox. The three shots will include one shot of the ingredients, one shot of the sandwich, and one shot of the cake. From Thursday’s shoot I will be looking for your most successful three images.
- Grades close for you this Friday; everything needs to be turned in.
- Be sure you all have your Thematic Series images 10, 11, and 12 uploaded to DropBox
- Written Criticisms on your peer’s Thematic Series should have been turned in last week.